March 31, 2020
For those of us in healthcare delivery, working from home hasn’t necessarily been a natural fit in the past. But a lot changed very quickly as our country struggles with the new uncertainties of the COVID-19 crisis. Suddenly, there are a lot of roles at prescriber offices that have transitioned to remote work, or soon will been done from home as a contingency plan to meet patient needs while protecting employee health.
If you have always gone to the office every day, transitioning to work from home (or WFH as it’s commonly known), will take patience and adaptability as you find a new normal. The following gems of advice can help you more successfully set up your WFH life.
Plan for WFH Success
- Set up a dedicated work space in your home, as much as you can. Ideally, this would be an area of the home not used by anyone else. Not everyone will have an extra room available, you might need to get creative, such as re-purposing a bedside table to a corner of your bedroom and bringing over a dining room chair.
- Test your equipment set up (hardware and software) and consider additional team communication tools, such as Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- With schools shut down and other family members around, try to manage interruptions and distractions as much as possible. But also cut yourself some slack, since most people are in the same boat and will understand.
- Think about video conferences. If you will be on camera with co-workers or patients, spend a moment to consider what shows up on camera behind you. Perhaps you can pivot the view to show a wall or artwork, instead of a pile of laundry.
- Set up a daily schedule for yourself. This will help with your productivity, and also with a sense of normalcy in these unusual times.
Finally, remember that although you may be isolated as you work from home, you are not alone. Your other team members at the prescriber office can help you trouble-shoot these uncharted waters. You also have a partner with BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy. Everything you need to submit prescriptions for the specialty pharmacy medications your patients need can be found online at bioplusrx.com.
No matter where you are working, BioPlus keeps everything Fast & Easy to get your patients the medication they need, when they need it. Stay safe and healthy! We’re all in this 2gether.